The pandemic that began many months ago continues to influence our actions as a church. I am thrilled to see so many of you actively engaged in church on multiple fronts. Many of you are present in person. Several of you watch over the livestream. Many of you continue to serve others while taking appropriate actions to stay as safe as possible. We have intentionally made all members of FBC feel loved and included, whether they are on campus or online. From the beginning, my goal, as your pastor, has been to lead us to still be loving each other and serving Jesus as one when this is behind us.
This year, one tradition that has been cancelled is the all-church Thanksgiving meal. We have not been serving food since the pandemic began. We have coffee on Sunday mornings and snacks at Celebrate Recovery on Monday evenings. That is about it. We are trying to remain smart about things in order to limit risks.
Instead of the Thanksgiving meal, we will be meeting in the Worship Center on November 22 at 6:00 p.m. to praise the Lord and approve plans for the future. The time together will include a video of many of you giving reasons you praise the Lord even in 2020. I look forward to positive church family time. We will also be voting to approve the budget, as well as new committee members for 2021. These are the two major actions we take every year. Approved committees then operate throughout the year within the parameters of the approved budget.
Another item we will be acting on will be a joint recommendation coming from the building and grounds committee and the stewardship committee. They are recommending that we hire Sawatzky Construction to add about 1400 square feet of space to our second floor by filling in the open area above the choir room with a concrete floor. The choir room will continue to be phenomenally functional and the additional space on the second floor will provide opportunity for increasing our ministry to children and their families. Money for the project will come from current funds on hand.
As we continue to navigate uncharted territory, let us do so with a vision toward reaching as many people as possible and making them into disciples of Jesus Christ.
I love you, Earl
- Sundays Sermon “Getting Out of God’s Way” Acts 11:1-18
- Sunday, November 22 at 6:00 p.m. – Vote to approve the proposed 2021 Budget and the committees for 2021.
- Family Worship and LifeGroups, Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- TeamKIDS – Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. for Bed Babies – 6th grade
- The Gathering – Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary; live streamed on Facebook at 6:30 p.m., also available on the website at: http://www.fbcweatherford.com by noon on Thursday
- The Church Office will be closed Wednesday, November 25 – Friday, November 27 for Thanksgiving
- Feel free to continue and watch the FBC Sunday Morning Worship Services live streamed on Facebook at 9:00 a.m., also available on the website at: http://www.fbcweatherford.com at 11:00 a.m., or listen at noon on 95.5 FM The Coyote