This year Nancy decorated our home a bit differently for the Christmas season. She trimmed the tree in white, silver and gold. It looked awesome. She opted for nativity scenes that were large and simple. She used less decorations with more impact. Rather than place the Christmas cards we received in a basket as in previous years, she displayed them on the buffet counter. We received so many cards this year! Thanks for loving us.
This Sunday, January 3, we will offer live worship at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Childcare will be provided for children through 3 years of age. LifeGroups for all ages will begin on Sunday, January 10. Remember that LifeGroups for children over 3 and youth are offered only at 10:30 a.m. Worship will continue to be livestreamed. I am thrilled that we are again meeting in person. Many of you have told me that you enjoy the worship online, but long to be together. I agree with you.
This has been a challenging month. We went for several months knowing few who had the coronavirus. Then, multiplied persons in our church tested positive for the virus. I was one of them and really struggled. My funeral count for the year is up to 30, and some of the more recent have been as a result of the coronavirus. The virus is spreading and affecting lots of people.
Still, we can meet responsibly. Doing so begins with each of you. If you feel nervous about attending, stay at home. If you have any symptom whatsoever, please stay at home. Feel free to wear a mask or not. You will not be judged by anyone for what you do. Once you enter the church, you are responsible to do what you feel is right. You take a risk by coming to church just like you take a risk when you go to get groceries.
I have tried to lead as best I can. This is one of those unique situations in life when I am going to disappoint some people, no matter what I do. I appreciate your support during this crazy time. I have never felt more needed, more loved, or more limited. I find great peace in admitting that I am not in control and God is.
“But while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church.” I Corinthians 8:1 (NLT), Earl
- Church Office will be closed this Friday, January 1
- New Sermon Series beginning January 3 “Gospel Living” Romans 12
- This Sundays Sermon “Living Sacrifices” Romans 12:1-2
- January 3 – Family Worship Only at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. (Nursery for Babies-3 yr old)
- January 10 – Family Worship and LifeGroups at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- The Gathering Service and TeamKIDS resume on January 13
- Loss of a Spouse by GriefShare on Sunday, January 17 at 4:30 p.m. in the Parlor
- Precepts Class “1 John, 2 John, and 3 John” begins on Sunday, January 17 at 6:00 p.m. in the Family Life Center
- Services are being posted on the church website, the church YouTube channel at FBC Weatherford Media, and on the church Facebook page at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday.