Did you notice the roll off dumpsters in the west parking lot? We are officially under construction. Many months ago the church approved a renovation project to add a huge meeting room in the children’s department on the second floor. The room will be located directly above the choir room. To create the room for children, a concrete floor is being constructed above the choir room. The project is being funded with money from the capital improvement account, as recommended by the Stewardship Committee.
Once the project is completed, the choir room will still seat the same number of singers but with a shorter ceiling. Rehearsals will be conducted as effectively as ever. We are excited about the prospects for choir that are coming with the plunging coronavirus numbers.
The increased space on the second floor will allow for large groups of children to meet together to sing and learn and play. The actual use of the space will be determined by the children’s leadership. The space will accommodate growing numbers of children on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. Reaching children is an essential part of reaching families. I am glad that we can intentionally provide space for growth.
Most members of First Baptist Church have never been in the choir room or in the children’s department on the second and third floors of the main building. That is why I wanted to update you on what is going on. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we continue moving forward as a church. This has been a year like no other during my tenure as a pastor. Thanks for the grace you have shown to me and the rest of the staff. We feel fortunate to serve with you.
Some things will never return to the way they were. I am fine with that. Life keeps changing, yet God remains faithful. Once the pandemic is fully behind us, there will be some people who may never return to First Baptist Church again. However, there will be others who have never come before who show up in mass. God will use the world’s emphasis upon physical death to convict people of their need for a Savior. One friend told me, “If this year doesn’t convince you to get your life in order, nothing will.” What a great insight.
I love you, Earl
- Daylight Saving Time begins this Sunday, March 14. Turn your clocks forward one hour on Saturday evening.
- This Sundays Sermon “The Message of Salvation” Acts 13:14-52
- Family Worship and LifeGroups, Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- GriefShare – this Sunday, March 14 at 4:30 p.m. in the Parlor
- Deacons’ Meeting this Sunday, March 14 at 5:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
- It’s Spring Break next week…..NO TeamKIDS on Wednesday
- The Gathering – Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary; live streamed on Facebook at 6:30 p.m., also available on the website at: http://www.fbcweatherford.com by noon on Thursday
- Services are being posted on the church website, the church YouTube channel at FBC Weatherford Media, and on the church Facebook page at 9:00 a.m. each Sunday.