“We made it!”
This was the joint celebratory declaration we stated at the conclusion of a recent staff meeting. We were referring to the past year that was filled with unprecedented challenges. We realize that things have not returned to “normal,” but they are so much better than they have been in a very long time. At least, it seems like it has been a very long time.
We learned to live and serve spontaneously. Everything was up in the air from week to week. We made all worship online, then made it in-person again. Then, we went online again, before coming back to the church at the beginning of January. We communicated over the internet through our website and utilized You Tube. We made lots of phone calls and developed a weekly post which we called the “Community Connection.” We didn’t always remain connected, but we sought to do so.
Thank you so much for your ongoing support through the entire year. I can’t tell you how it thrills my soul to look out and see so many of you in worship every Sunday morning. You did not get out of the habit, and you are not opting to watch the livestream when you are able to come to church. Your physical presence encourages all of us. Thank you for making the effort to be here. I am elated that you have pushed through and are now coming to church.
I will continue to smile and wave, as one of my friends advised me to do a few months ago. If you aren’t comfortable coming back to church yet, I understand. If you continue to watch online, know that I am still your pastor. Contact me if you need me. Our calendar is full of activities for the summer. We are all excited about what we will be able to do this year that didn’t happen last year.
When I updated my visitation list from last year, I noticed at least four names whose funerals I preached or attended. I was reminded of the painful realities that occurred during the pandemic. I preached 30 funerals during 2020. Many of us are still grieving the loss of those we love. By the grace of God, we will make it through. How blessed I am to remain your pastor in 2021. We made it!
Onward and Upward! Earl
- This Sundays Sermon “Triumphant Living” Mark 11:1-11
- Family Worship and LifeGroups, Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- TeamKIDS – Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. for Bed Babies – 6th grade
- The Gathering – Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary; live streamed on Facebook at 6:30 p.m., also available on the website at: http://www.fbcweatherford.com by noon on Thursday
- Services are being posted on the church website, the church YouTube channel at FBC Weatherford Media, and on the church Facebook page at 9:00 a.m. each