We cast lots. I had never done so before. Well, let me confess that there was the semester during Jr. High when my friend “Huck” showed me how to shoot craps during down time while we served as library aids. We never rolled for money, but I did learn how the game was played. Also, through the years I have rolled many a dice while playing board games, bunko, and farkle.
The lots we cast in our D-Group was the first time I have ever done so in church for a specific purpose. Our group had grown large enough to form two groups. Brandon Lucas and I attended a roundtable for D-Group leaders and became convicted that we should form two groups from the one, making room for more men to participate and develop as disciples of Jesus. As we left the Sunday night meeting, Brandon said, “I will bring the dice in the morning.”
He did. All nine men present discussed the possibility of creating two units out of the one. Everyone was in agreement that we should do so. Each of those men has a heart for God and wants to make as many disciples as possible. I love them all and feel so comfortable with them. My comfort was not the main issue under consideration. Brandon established the rules and passed one die to his left. Those who rolled an odd number would be in one group. Those who rolled an even number would be in the other group. When the rolling ended, four were in the even group, and five of us were in the odd group. No comments, please.
We spent the rest of the hour discussing Scripture and life like we do every Monday morning. We laughed, and we encouraged, and we prayed. When we exited to face another week, we wished each other well. The following Monday we met in adjacent rooms that had room to reach more people. If you are a man looking for a D-Group, let us know. We meet in the main building fellowship hall on Mondays at 6:00 a.m. We created room for you!
Go and Make Disciples, Earl
- This Sundays Sermon “Eli and Samuel” I Samuel 3:1-21
- Family Worship and LifeGroups, Sundays at 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- TeamKIDS – Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. for Bed Babies – 6th grade
- The Gathering – Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary; live streamed on Facebook at 6:30 p.m., also available on the website at: http://www.fbcweatherford.com by noon on Thursday
- Services are being posted on the church website, the church YouTube channel at FBC Weatherford Media, and on the church Facebook page at 9:00 a.m. each